Safari! Safari! Safari!

/ Africa / Safari! Safari! Safari!
2009-08-27 10:43:24

Hey I am from Australia and I wanna go on a safari on a tight budget. Any ideas? A sample itinerary perhaps? :D

2009-08-27 14:43:15

Hi, you can try safari at Cote d'Ivoire. It's an off-the-beaten path so it's cheaper, although you have to check the political conditions first before planning a trip there because there have been a lot of fighting lately between the government and the rebels. Try the World Heritage Sites and safaris of Parc National de Taï, Camoe National Park and Mount Nimba Strict Nature Reserve, also the rainforest of Parc National d'Assagny and the hiking trails of Parc du Banco. Surely, safaris in Tanzania and Zimbabwe are the best in Africa just for the mere expanse of the game reserves and for the variety of animals to see. But Tanzania, Zimbabwe, and South Africa have the most expensive safaris so try the smaller ones in Cote d'Ivoire to suit your budget then save the bigger safaris for later ;)

2009-08-28 11:45:52

Also try white-water rafting safaris in Lower Omo Valey :)You can see lots of hippos, crocs, exotic birds and stuff.

2009-08-28 11:47:13

Cool! B-D Where's Lower Omo Valley?

2009-08-28 11:53:45

It's near this little town called Jinka, which you can reach through a light aircraft from Addis Ababa. It'll cost you a fortune to charter your own plane so I suggest you book on a light aircraft or a group tour months before your planned trip. From Jinka, you can rent four-wheel-drives or hitch on trucks ;-)

2009-08-28 11:54:55

Cool! Thanks! ~_^

2009-08-28 11:56:13

No problemo :P

Leave a reply